Global Reptile Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» CHRIS NEWMAN - DONT BUY FROM THIS GUY
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:43 am by bill213

» Hi everyone
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 am by helsbells

» New Additions Today - 29/08/11
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:15 am by Synergy

» Late 07 Male Royal Python.
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 am by vicky12

» Bearded Dragon Babies for sale SE UK
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:05 am by vicky12

» my first burm
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 pm by paddy-hughes

» Newest Additions
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 am by paddy-hughes

» Acer Netbook
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 am by Nightwalker

» 4 ft viv split into 2 x 2 ft vivs for sale
Classified Rules - Read Before Posting I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:34 am by Nightwalker

Statistics
We have 63 registered users
The newest registered user is Loisueo3

Our users have posted a total of 130 messages in 47 subjects

Classified Rules - Read Before Posting

Go down

Classified Rules - Read Before Posting Empty Classified Rules - Read Before Posting

Post by Lilnightmare Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 am

Rules & Considerations

Please find a full and up to date copy of all the rules, including in depth details of the classifieds section in the Global Reptile Forums FAQ

Please do not make posts that are not regarding the sale, stuff like "I would buy that, but I don’t have any money" and "if only you were nearer". Please also do not disrupt sales with unwanted or negative opinions with stuff like "that’s nice, but it seems a bit expensive to me" and "I thought I saw one cheaper over there". Please try to avoid chit chat such as "nice snake!" or other personal commentary that is not related to the sale of the animal, and do not bump the advert on behalf of friends. Posts like this may be removed and you will receive a warning. If you ignore warnings, you may receive an infraction. This is necessary due to the increasing popularity of our classified section and free bumps or unnecessary comments make up the bulk of the moderation required in this section.

Please ensure you use thread prefixes (N/S/SW etc) in the topic title to help others who are using the classifieds.

Rules:

• We do not allow any sort of competitions/raffles that give away a live animal as a prize.

• We do not allow classified ads for weapons, or anything else that could be used as a weapon including air guns, knives, swords and chemical bombs/smoke bombs, please respect a moderator's decision if you are told your item is prohibited.

• We do not allow copied games/DVDs or any other copyright items to be sold including gaming accounts that are prohibited by the company.

• If you bump your thread excessively it will be locked, not more than once in 24 hours.

• If you bump someone else’s thread with a "free bump" or other comment not relating to the sale your post may be removed and you may receive a warning.

• Do not spam the classifieds, only one ad per item please and a maximum of three adverts in one section at once.

• If you prove to be a consistently bad seller you will be banned from the classifieds or from the site completely.

• If you are found to be selling for a member who has received a classified or site ban, you may receive one yourself.

• If your advert is offering a swap, it must go in the relevant forum for what is being offered.

Your Ad Format

• Please consider the format of your post to make life easier for people searching the classifieds.

• Use the thread prefix to display your location.

• If collection only, add this with your town in the title.

• List the price or conditions of the sale and any other costs involved.

• Confirm delivery/collection options to the buyer.

• Add a picture where ever possible, people WILL ask.

Tips For Safe Trading

Global Reptile Forums do not accept responsibility for any adverts or transactions on these forums. We will do our best to remove any known scammers and monitor adverts daily. These tips are intended to help transactions go smoothly, but are not a guarantee against scammers or time wasters. Please report any advert or user you believe may be suspect.

• Check the buyers/sellers visitor messages before making a transaction and always leave feedback after completing a transaction.

• Always try get a landline telephone number and address of a seller.

• Always pay by Paypal if possible. Avoid sending cash through the post.

• Do NOT send payment as 'gift' through Paypal, you will not be able to claim if things go wrong.

• Ask for photos of what you are buying to prove condition of item, ask lots of question before committing to a purchase. If concerned ask for a photograph with the sellers username and the date next to it.

• If meeting people alone, try to meet in a public place and make sure people know where you are going.

• If requesting postage by courier confirm which courier the seller is using. Sending of live animals (not inverts) by Royal Mail is illegal and unethical.

• Always check the animal out thoroughly when you receive it and contact the seller immediately if there are any problems.

• Do not be offended if a seller requests a deposit. No one likes having their time wasted and a deposit can help stop this. However, you may wish to be clear on the terms of this deposit (how long the animal will be held, what circumstances will a refund be given) before you commit to the sale.
Lilnightmare
Lilnightmare
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down